Ohio Officially Adopts the Uniform Bar Exam
The state of Ohio will officially adopt the Uniform Bar Exam in 2020. Read further for more details on how this adoption will proceed!
OHIO OFFICIALLY ADOPTS THE UNIFORM BAR EXAM
The Ohio Supreme Court officially announced its unanimous decision to adopt the UBE on August 14. An advisory committee, appointed by the court, reached the conclusion that Ohio should adopt the UBE. Ohio will officially administer the UBE starting in July 2020.
ARE THERE ANY OTHER DEVELOPMENTS TO REPORT RIGHT NOW?
As of right now, no. Ohio has not set a passing score or decided whether it will require a state-specific component. UBE jurisdictions always give the MBE, MEE, and MPT. Some states, however, also decide to give an additional component testing state-specific law. It is unclear at this time exactly how Ohio will proceed.
It is also unclear when Ohio will accept transferred UBE scores.
What will change?
Ohio’s bar exam scoring will definitely change. Right now, the Multistate Bar Exam (multiple choice section) is worth 33.3% of your overall score. The Multistate Performance Test (MPT) is worth 13.33%, and the Ohio essay portion, spread out over two sessions, is worth 53.33%. Under the UBE, the MBE is worth 50%, while the Multistate Essay Examination (MEE) is worth 30% and the MPT is worth 20%. So, the MBE will become a much larger portion of your score!
The format of the exam will change as well. The MBE portion will stay the same, as well as the MPT. However, instead of having two sessions of Ohio essays, there will be a single MEE session, composed of 6 essays.
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!