Should I Get An MPRE Tutor?
Should I Get An MPRE Tutor?
Often times the MPRE is talked about as being an “easy” exam. But what people aren’t talking about is that MANY people struggle to pass this test.
In our opinion, the MPRE is a tough exam and it is something that should be taken seriously! If you are considering getting an MPRE tutor, the following are a few reasons why you should.
Should I Get An MPRE Tutor?
Before we talk about the benefits of MPRE tutoring, we especially recommend MPRE tutoring for the following individuals:
- If the MPRE is high stakes — that is, you cannot practice law without it (perhaps you already passed the bar exam or perhaps you need to complete the MPRE after being disciplined by your state authority)
- If you cannot take the bar exam until you pass the MPRE
- If you have taken the MPRE multiple times
- If you cannot dedicate hours upon hours of studying and are looking for the most efficient approach possible
- If you just want to make sure you do everything you can to pass the MPRE!
Our MPRE tutors can help you pass even if:
- you struggle with standardized tests
- you have taken the MPRE five, six, or seven or more times
- you have not been able to pass the MPRE or bar exam and it is not for lack of effort
- you did not take a Professional Responsibility or Ethics class in law school
- you have not taken the MPRE ever before
- you have been out of law school for 20 years and need to take the MPRE as part of your agreement with your disciplinary authority
- you are studying for the MPRE at the last minute
We have had students that fall into each of the above categories — and they have all passed! We have a 100% passage rate among our privately tutored students. So even if you feel as though you cannot do it, we assure you, you can!
What are the advantages of getting an MPRE Tutor?
The advantages are as follows:
1. You will get a stellar outline.
No, really. A lot of the “free” material you have probably picked up at school is free for a reason. Make sure your outline is not too long or too short! (150 pages is too long. 15 pages is too short!) It should be something you should be able to read, understand, and memorize! If you are looking for private tutoring, we will send you an outline. Our outline has the rules in an easy to understand format. We also have charts and diagrams for topics that are heavily tested and especially difficult. We don’t sell our material apart from tutoring.
2. You will get help with a study schedule.
Our tutors can help you allocate your time during the weeks and days prior to the exam. We can help make sure that you spending your time on the important things so that you can pass this exam. Many students start studying at the last minute and especially need helping to figure out what to do. We can help with all of that!
3. Our tutors can help you focus on what is important.
Many students walk blindly into the MPRE not knowing what to expect. The crazy thing is that the National Conference of Bar Examiners gives information explaining what topics are tested more than others. What does this mean for you? This means that you do not have to go into the exam blind. If you are questioning if you should get an MPRE tutor, this is another reason you should. We can help you focus on the highly-tested areas and break down the rules in a manageable way.
4. We can quiz you to make sure that you actually know the rules.
A lot of students complain that they have no real gauge to determine if they can pass the exam. As a result, they go in with a low level of confidence and anxiety. A tutor, however, can tailor a whole session based upon what you want and need. This might mean explaining rules that are particularly difficult for you. Or, this may mean quizzing you to see how well you know the material and to identify your weak spots. Regardless of your approach, they can help you get results!
5. A tutor can show you how to approach multiple-choice questions.
One of the biggest complaints we hear from people is that they are bad at multiple choice. We do not have a magic wand that will make you automatically better at these. But, our tutors have studied MPRE questions and can help you approach them in a way that will ensure you won’t be tricked as easily. Our approach also helps people who struggle with timing issues. As an added benefit, many of our students say they are more at ease taking the bar exam after going over multiple-choice strategies with us.
6. Our tutors can help you work through timing issues.
No matter how well you know the rules or how prepared you feel, if you cannot finish the exam you are less likely to be successful. Many, many students struggle with timing issues! Our tutors can help you work on a plan to get better and fix these problems.
7. If you have waited until the last minute, we may be able to help you maximize your remaining time.
Maybe you have a few last-minute questions that are bugging you? Or you waited to start studying and now you are freaking out about the exam? Maybe you just realized how nuanced and confusing some of the rules are? Whatever your situation is, we can probably help you. Many students find that we can, at the very least, ease some of their stress so that they can walk into the exam feeling more confident. One of the most consistent pieces of feedback we get is that students wish they would have come to us sooner! So, don’t wait!
If you are considering using an MPRE tutor, get in touch with us today!
Looking to Pass the MPRE?
We offer the following services:
- A free MPRE Course that comes with expert instruction, a free outline, free practice questions, and free one-sheet! This course is rated 5/5 stars by our students!
- Real MPRE questions, which are the best way to ensure you are prepared for the questions on test day!
- MPRE private tutoring to help you learn everything you need to pass the MPRE, including an MPRE outline and an MPRE study plan tailored to your individualized needs.
- A variety of excellent and free MPRE resources to help you conquer the MPRE.