Michigan Plans to Adopt the UBE!
Michigan Plans to Adopt the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE)
On December 4, 2020, the Michigan Board of Law Examiners (BLE) announced that it plans to adopt the Uniform Bar Exam, also known as the UBE. The announcement was posted on the BLE’s website. Oddly enough, this apparently was not big enough news to get its own announcement on the Michigan Board of Law Examiners’ page. Rather, it was mentioned at the very bottom of an announcement regarding the decision to make the February 2021 bar exam an online exam. (See the last paragraph of the announcement below.)
UPDATE: Michigan officially adopted the UBE on 10/13/21! Please read more here!
Michigan Plans to Adopt the UBE
The announcement states: “The Court is moving to implement the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE) for future testing. By next year, the UBE (which allows an applicant’s score to be transferred between UBE jurisdictions) will be used by nearly 40 jurisdictions, including the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.”
The Michigan Board of Law Examiners’ announcement may come as a surprise to many students! However, at this time, there is very little information on Michigan’s plans to adopt the UBE besides the note in the announcement. This announcement came after the BLE also announced that the February 2021 Michigan Bar Exam will be held online—containing both the essay and MBE portion of the exam. The July 2020 Michigan Bar Exam was held online and contained only the essay portion of the exam.
When will this happen?
The announcement is not clear on the date of adoption. However, our best guess is that it will be a year from now, or February/July 2022. But, we are unsure and will continue to check the Board’s website for more information!
Please follow our blog to get the latest news on Michigan’s plans to adopt the UBE! We will include any updates on this post.
Looking to Pass the Uniform Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1399.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
We also have several additional MBE, MEE, and MPT products available.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!