The February 2016 Michigan bar exam is approaching. Are you worried about the essay portion of the bar exam?
Are you looking to break away from commercial bar review courses to attend a small-group, conversational essay course with the absolute best materials? Apply to sign up for our February 2016 Michigan Bar Exam Essay Course! This course – the “Heidemann Bar Prep Course” tells you everything you need to know to conquer the essay-specific portions of the Michigan bar exam.
The Heidemann Bar Prep Essay Course is taught by Ashley Heidemann, who received a score of 184 on the essay portion of the Michigan Bar Exam in February 2011.
Our Michigan bar exam essay course contains a superior individualized approach that is specific to the Michigan bar exam. We create the best Michigan bar review outlines that are precisely tailored to the Michigan bar exam. We provide high-quality and highly-tested information in an easy-to learn, concise format. We make our outlines and design the lectures for our classes by literally reading through every past bar exam from 1990 through the present date and drawing attention to the issues that are most frequently and most recently tested.
We also provide predictions of the issues that will be tested on the February 2016 bar exam. We do this by studying the highly-tested topics as well as the topics that are most recently and frequently tested. For the July 2014 bar exam we accurately predicted many of the issues on the bar exam including:
- The No-Fault question on noneconomic damages,
- The 100-Mile Rule issue in the Domestic Relations question,
- The business judgment rule issue in the Corporations question,
- That hearsay (including Party Admission and Present Sense Impression) would be tested on the Evidence question;
- That the elements of a valid trust would be tested in the Trusts question (and that there would be a Trusts question!)
- That the 20-factor IRS test would be tested in Workers’ Compensation exam.
Note: We make no guarantees that the information that we go over will be tested on the February 2016 Michigan bar exam. However, we will go over the highly-tested information that is likely to appear again.
We provide something different than nationalized bar review courses.
Many of our students find that they receive extremely high scores on the Michigan bar exam. In fact, almost all of our students score between 140 and 160 on the Michigan bar exam (which is well above the passing score of 135). We have many repeat bar exam students increase their score by 20 or 30 points(!) on the Michigan bar exam.
Interested? Below are some Frequently-Asked Questions about our Michigan Bar Exam Essay Course.
How many students are allowed to attend
the Michigan Bar Exam Course?
We accept approximately 10 students per class. We like to keep the group small and intimate so that we can have a discussion about the important topics and answer any questions students may have. Note that students are not automatically accepted. We want to make sure that you are a good fit for the class and that the class is a good fit for you! Thus, we require a phone or in-person meeting prior to the start of the class.
Does this only cover the essay portion
of the Michigan bar exam?
Yes. You should take a different court to supplement the MBE portion. We have a course that covers both the MBE and essay portion of the bar exam, but that started in early December!
Why do I need a Michigan bar exam essay course?
I am signed up for a commercial course.
We recommend that students take our course even if they are signed up for a commercial course for the following reasons:
- (1) Commercial courses sometimes teach Michigan law accurately (many of the primary commercial courses do not regularly update their outlines, and thus, end up teaching Michigan law inaccurately. )
- (2) Commercial courses do not cover everything that is covered on the essay portion. We make our outlines to cover everything that has been tested so that there is a low chance you’ll be thrown off-guard.
- (3) Commercial courses do not tell you how frequently specific essay subjects are tested. We pride ourselves on separating the highly-tested issues from the less highly-tested issues so that you know what to focus on. You cannot learn everything so efficiency is key.
- (4) Commercial courses are taught in a large-group setting with little or no room for questions or conversation. We teach ours in a small-group setting and encourage questions and conversation. This is conducive to learning and will help you master the material.
What do your students say about your services?
Students have said the following:
- “I can honestly say Ashley was the deciding factor to my successful BAR preparation.” – July 2014 Bar taker, Second Time Taker, Increased Score 14 points.
- “She was ALWAYS available for anything that I needed. I found her to be one of the nicest and most intelligent people I have ever met. She has an extensive knowledge of the law and has a special way of explaining complex legal principles that makes them easy to understand.” – Feb 2014 Bar Taker.
- “Ashley is amazing! I could not have passed the bar without her.” -February 2014 Michigan Bar Exam Taker, Increased Score by 18 points
- “Ashley Heidemann was an integral part in my success with the February 2014 bar exam.”-February 2014 Michigan Bar Exam Taker, Increased Score by 17 points.
- Ashley was nothing short of a life-saver….She was available morning, noon and night and ALWAYS called or emailed right back. As a second-time taker with more than a year and a half in between my two exams, I was terrified and very skeptical of my chances for success. Ashley not only gave me the confidence I needed during preparation, but more importantly she helped me increase my essay score by 17 points. –Victoria M., February 2014 Michigan Bar Exam Taker, Increased Score by 17 points.
- When I found out that I had passed I felt that i could get through anything. I was and still am grateful for Ashley Heidemann’s help and services. I could not have done it without her. There is no better feeling than conquering something that you feel will never come through for you. The day I found out that I passed was a day I truly will never forget and I owe it all to Ashley Heidemann. -A.A., Passed on the Fourth Time with a score of 140, Feb 2013
Here is one recent testimonial from a student who studied for the July 2014 bar exam utilizing our services:
The difference between Ashley’s bar prep course and all other bar prep companies is in the structure of the programs themselves. One way to describe my experience is by comparing it to purchasing a suit. When you are contemplating purchasing a new suit, you essentially have two options: you can purchase one from a department store based on your size or you can purchase one from a specialty store and tailor it to your body.
All other bar prep companies are your general department stores – they provide you with a suit, but the suit isn’t tailored and, therefore, it isn’t flattering. However, the specialty store provides you with a tailored suit that flatters your body exactly where you want it.
Ashley’s tutoring is equivalent to a tailored suit. She focuses on your weaknesses and helps make them your strengths. She answers all questions, grades any essays and ensures that you understand the subjects extremely well. Above all, her outlines are exactly on point. If you speak to anyone studying for the bar, their number one complaint is that they don’t have enough time to finish everything and as a result, fall behind. This results in subjects being skipped and questions left incomplete. When time is limited, a focused outline is exactly what you need to cover all of the tested topics. If I had continued to study the outlines my bar prep company assigned me to, I would have never been able to get through all twenty-six topics. Instead, I made a conscious decision to stop following the schedule set by my bar prep company and followed Ashley’s tailored plan for me. After receiving my score, I am so glad that I did.
In addition to seeing my score, the confidence I gained while studying with Ashley made my entire bar-taking experience infinitely better. Prior to taking the exam, I felt calm, confident and ready. I knew exactly which points I wanted to address and how much time I had to do it. I had established techniques to quickly answer each question and cover all of the necessary points. The knowledge and confidence I gained from studying with Ashley helped alleviate any anxiety I had prior to the exam, and allowed me to focus on what needed to be done. It was truly the best investment I could make towards preparing for the bar.
Here is what students have said about the course, specifically:
- No one has ever given me as much confidence as you gave me–let alone in only 3 hours. I genuinely look forward to each and every minute I get to learn from you. Thank you very much!”
- I just wanted to comment on how great I thought your class went…You made everything seem very straightforward and easy to follow.
- (After the bar exam): I really feel good. There wasn’t a single essay that I didn’t know how to answer.
- (After the bar exam): I’m extremely grateful for your class, your books, and your genuine interest in helping us through this. I would recommend you to any Michigan exam taker!
To read more testimonials, please click here.
What is the cost of the Essay Course?
Our Michigan bar exam essay course costs $2,000 For this price you will receive:
- 6 small-group sessions that cover the highly-tested areas on the essay portion of the bar exam.
- 1 three-hour essay test at the end (which is graded and feedback is provided).
- Outstanding outlines for all Michigan topics. (SO you will receive outlines for Workers’ Compensation, Secured Transactions, Trusts, Wills, Personal Property, Professional Responsibility, Secured Transactions, Commercial Paper, etc. but you will not receive outlines for MBE topics – like Real Property, Evidence, etc.)
- A copy of our recent book, How to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam.
- Predictions of what will be tested on the February 2016 Michigan bar exam.
- Unlimited essay feedback.
- Homework assignments each week to ensure you are on track for the essay portion.
- 1 private consultation session with Ms. Heidemann to discuss your personal approach to the bar exam and last minute questions.
- The syllabus for the course is attached here : Michigan Essay Bar Review Course Syllabus Feb 2016
Can I use the Heidemann Bar Prep Essay Course as a
Substitute for a Barbri or Kaplan Course?
If you sign up for the essay course, you will not have to attend your commercial course’s Michigan lectures or use their Michigan outlines. You can use only us for the essay portion of the bar exam.
Where is the Heidemann Bar Prep Essay Course
located and when will it be held?
The course will be held in Birmingham, Michigan. The class will be on Thursday evenings from 6:30 – 8:30 beginning on January 7. It will be held for six Thursdays in a row. The essay exam will be given on a Monday or Wednesday closer to the end of bar prep.
How do I apply to be a part of the
Michigan bar exam essay course?
Apply by e-mailing your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “HEIDEMANN BAR PREP ESSAY COURSE” as the subject line. We keep all names and inquiries confidential and we will contact you within 24 hours of receiving your e-mail. If you would like to talk to us on the phone, please do not hesitate to call 248-228-5547.
We will call you before the course begins to discuss: (1) Your approach to the Michigan bar exam; (2) Any questions you have about the Michigan bar exam; and (3) How Ms. Heidemann can best help you excel on the Michigan bar exam. We will determine if the course is a good option for you.
Looking to Pass the Uniform Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1249.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!