JD Advising’s July 2022 MPT Predictions
Are you preparing for the July 2022 Uniform Bar Exam? Are you curious as to what might appear on the MPT? You can see our JD Advising July 2022 MPT predictions below!
If you are looking for our full UBE (MEE + MPT) predictions, please check out this post or download the PDF below!.
JD Advising’s July 2022 MPT Predictions
Disclaimer: You should NOT solely rely on these July 2022 MPT predictions when you study! You should review everything when preparing for the MPT. All MPTs are fair game. This is just our educated guess on what will appear on the exam, which we do for fun! Sometimes we are right. Sometimes we are not!
If you would like a PDF of the predictions, please enter your information below and they will be delivered to the email address provided!
Send Me The Predictions PDF
1. Objective Memorandum
The objective memorandum has appeared on 27 out of the 34 MPT exams since July 2006 or on 79% of the exams. The objective memorandum is the most highly tested MPT task. The objective memorandum was most recently tested in February 2022. However, it is incredibly common for objective memoranda to appear in consecutive administrations. The objective memorandum is ripe for testing on the July 2022 MPT.
If you are unfamiliar with how to format an objective memorandum, take a look at our post on how to format an objective memorandum on the MPT. It is a good idea to know how to format an objective memorandum because usually formatting instructions are not provided on the exam.
To get some practice with objective memorandum tasks, we suggest that you complete a few tasks under timed conditions to determine your strengths and weaknesses. We recommend taking a look at the following MPTs, all of which are available for free on the NCBE Study Aids website:
- July 2011: In re Field Hogs, Inc.
- July 2014: In re Kay Struckman
- February 2015: In re Harrison
- July 2016: In re Whirley
- February 2017: In re Ace Chemical
2. Persuasive Brief
After the objective memorandum, the persuasive brief is the next most frequently tested MPT task, appearing on the MPT 47% of the time since July 2006 and on 16 out of 34 MPT exams. The persuasive brief was most recently tested in February 2022. Lately, the persuasive brief has been tested every other administration. However, in the past, the persuasive brief was tested on about four consecutive exams and then omitted on the following few exams. The persuasive brief is ripe for testing on the July 2022 MPT.
If you are unfamiliar with how to format a persuasive, take a look at our post on how to format a persuasive brief on the MPT. It is good to know how to format a persuasive brief because formatting instructions are often not provided on the exam. When instructions are provided, the examiners often ask examinees to add a caption or statement of facts. Do not assume that the formatting instructions for all persuasive briefs (or any task!) are the same. Please read the formatting memo, if one is provided, very carefully. Formatting memos are always found immediately after the task memo in the MPT’s File.
To get some practice with persuasive briefs, we suggest you complete a few tasks under timed conditions to determine your strengths and weaknesses. We recommend taking a look at the following MPTs, all of which are available for free on the NCBE Study Aids website:
- July 2012: Ashton v. Indigo Construction Co.
- February 2013: In re Guardianship of Will Fox
- February 2014: In re Rowan
- July 2016: Nash v. Franklin Department of Revenue
Note: Again, we want to emphasize that you should not rely solely on these predictions! You should take the time to review all of the commonly tested tasks on the MPT (objective memorandum, persuasive brief, demand letter, opinion letter) in addition to a few uncommon tasks. It is also worthwhile to review our free MPT One-Sheet (for all of the MPT formats!), our MPT Guide, and our MPT Seminar if you need extra guidance.
If you struggle with MPTs, we recommend practicing MPTs beginning with the first week of bar prep!
We hope you found our post on the July 2022 MPT predictions helpful! We wish you good luck!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1099.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets, CA One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
- NEW! Mastery Classes for the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams (these are effective and engaging classes to review the highly tested areas of law!)