How To Retake The UBE And Pass!
How To Retake The UBE And Pass!: If you find yourself in the position of having to retake the UBE, you are not alone! In this post, we tell you how to pass the Uniform Bar Exam as a retaker.
We specialize in helping repeat takers pass the bar exam and we help hundreds of students every single administration. We have learned a lot about what makes a difference in a UBE score!
Here, we will tell you what strategies work best for our students.
How to Retake the UBE and Pass!
First, do not ignore your Uniform Bar Exam score report!
Your Uniform Bar Exam score report has a lot of valuable information in it! In this post, we give you a valuable guide to dissecting your UBE score report. Your initial primary goal when analyzing your score report is to see how far you were from passing. For example, if you scored a 220, you are quite far from passing and you need a wholly new approach. If you scored a 260, however, you are not far from passing.
Do not be afraid to dissect your score report. This will be very effective in helping you come up with a game plan. If you need help dissecting your UBE score report, feel free to contact us!
In addition to looking at your overall score, you want to see how you performed in each section. Lastly, if it is possible, order your MEE and MPT answers from your jurisdiction. Many jurisdictions will send you your actual bar exam answers if you failed the bar exam for a low fee.
Second, figure out what went well and what didn’t.
After analyzing your score report, you can gauge how you performed in each section.
- If you struggled with the MBE, you may need some bar exam private tutoring. Or you may consider using real MBE questions if you did not use real questions the first time.
- If you struggled with the MEE, you may need a new approach (like our MEE essay course), you may need to practice more MEE questions. Or you may need to focus on the highly tested MEE topics.
- If you struggled with the MPT, you may need a new approach, or you may need to practice more MPT questions altogether. (We have tons of MPT practice questions in our MPT books. We also have a very useful MPT guide and MPT Seminar and bar exam private tutoring options!)
If you struggled overall, ask yourself:
- Did I dedicate enough time to studying? (If not, how can I dedicate more for the next exam?)
- Would I be a good fit for a different approach altogether (i.e., our Uniform Bar Exam full service course or bar exam private tutoring)?
If you are not sure what went wrong, feel free to contact us! We can help you pinpoint what went wrong and come up with a game plan for the future!
Third, come up with a plan.
Make a study schedule. Make sure that you focus on your weaknesses. However, do not ignore your strengths! If you are a strong writer, for example, but struggled a lot with the MBE, it is well worth your time to try to improve your written score even more (especially if you did not dedicate sufficient time to the MEE & MPT to begin with!) while still focusing on changing your approach to the MBE.
We have a helpful post on how to make a Uniform Bar Exam study schedule here.
Remember that just because you have to retake the UBE does not mean that you will not pass it. Nor does it mean that you will not be a good attorney. Some of the best and brightest attorneys we know did not pass the bar exam the first time they took it.
If you evaluate your strengths and weaknesses and come up with a new plan moving forward, you should have no problem passing the UBE the next time you take it!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, MPT, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!