How to Pass the Uniform Bar Exam – A 3-Minute Read
If you have three minutes and are looking for a quick guide on how to pass the Uniform Bar Exam, you are in luck! Here we give you an quick and concise overview on how to pass the Uniform Bar Exam in 390 words (or three minutes).
1. Make sure you have the right materials.
The right materials include:
- outlines for each of the 7 MBE subjects and the additional 7 subjects that are tested on the MEE. Ideally, these outlines should highlight the highly tested areas of law.
- released MBE questions, MEE questions, and MPT questions
- a bar review course (assuming you also need an overview of the law!)
Your outline is what you will focus on memorizing after you gain an understanding of the law. Then, you will use the released questions to test your knowledge!
2. Memorize the law.
The next step is to make sure you have the rules memorized. A lot of students make the mistake of going to lecture and then trying to answer a bunch of MBE questions. However, you will see much faster progress if you take time in between lecture and practice to memorize the material.
Make sure you are using “active” methods of review to memorize your bar exam outlines. This means you should not be just reading them but you should be quizzing yourself, making charts or diagrams, or finding different ways to remember the law.
3. Focus on the highly tested areas of law.
Not all areas of law are tested equally. Certain areas are tested more than others on both the MBE and MEE. To maximize your study time, you want to spend the most time on what is worth the most points on the exam! You do not need to learn every single rule of law to pass the Uniform Bar Exam.
4. Practice with real questions.
The last step is to make sure you are practicing with REAL MEE, MBE, and MEE questions. Some courses only give students a handful of questions. Many bar review questions do not give released MBE questions so make sure you either sign up for one that does or you acquire real MBE questions elsewhere!
You will be most likely to pass the Uniform Bar Exam if you are using questions that have appeared on past exams.
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1249.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets, CA One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
- NEW! Mastery Classes for the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams (these are effective and engaging classes to review the highly tested areas of law!)