How to Pass the Uniform Bar Exam – A 3-Minute Read
If you have three minutes and are looking for a quick guide on how to pass the Uniform Bar Exam, you are in luck! Here we give you an quick and concise overview on how to pass the Uniform Bar Exam in 390 words (or three minutes).
1. Make sure you have the right materials.
The right materials include:
- outlines for each of the 7 MBE subjects and the additional 7 subjects that are tested on the MEE. Ideally, these outlines should highlight the highly tested areas of law.
- released MBE questions, MEE questions, and MPT questions
- a bar review course (assuming you also need an overview of the law!)
Your outline is what you will focus on memorizing after you gain an understanding of the law. Then, you will use the released questions to test your knowledge!
2. Memorize the law.
The next step is to make sure you have the rules memorized. A lot of students make the mistake of going to lecture and then trying to answer a bunch of MBE questions. However, you will see much faster progress if you take time in between lecture and practice to memorize the material.
Make sure you are using “active” methods of review to memorize your bar exam outlines. This means you should not be just reading them but you should be quizzing yourself, making charts or diagrams, or finding different ways to remember the law.
3. Focus on the highly tested areas of law.
Not all areas of law are tested equally. Certain areas are tested more than others on both the MBE and MEE. To maximize your study time, you want to spend the most time on what is worth the most points on the exam! You do not need to learn every single rule of law to pass the Uniform Bar Exam.
4. Practice with real questions.
The last step is to make sure you are practicing with REAL MEE, MBE, and MEE questions. Some courses only give students a handful of questions. Many bar review questions do not give released MBE questions so make sure you either sign up for one that does or you acquire real MBE questions elsewhere!
You will be most likely to pass the Uniform Bar Exam if you are using questions that have appeared on past exams.
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!