If you are taking the Uniform Bar Exam, you may be looking for some sample Uniform Bar Exam questions so that you know exactly what you are in for! In this post, we have links to free sample Uniform Bar Exam questions. Before reviewing the sample questions, it is worth it to know exactly what the Uniform Bar Exam is so that you know what you are looking at!
The Uniform Bar Exam is composed of three parts:
- The Multistate Bar Exam (MBE) – 50% of your score: The MBE is composed of 200 multiple-choice questions. 175 of them are scored. There are seven subjects tested (Civil Procedure, Contracts and Sales, Criminal Law & Procedure, Constitutional Law, Evidence, Real Property, and Torts). You have six hours total to answer these 200 questions.
- The Multistate Essay Exam (MEE) – 30% of your score: The MEE is composed of six essay questions which you are given three hours to answer. These essay questions could cover the MBE subjects above (Civil Procedure, Contracts and Sales, Criminal Law & Procedure, Constitutional Law, Evidence, Real Property, and Torts) as well as seven additional areas of law (Agency & Partnership, Corporations & LLCs, Decedents’ Estates, Trusts, Secured Transactions, Conflicts of Law, and Family Law). To see how often each subject is tested and which topic is tested most, check out our Uniform Bar Exam MEE chart as well as our list of highly tested MEE topics here.
- The Multistate Performance Test (MPT) – 20% of your score: The MPT portion is composed of two lawyerly tasks that you have to complete in three hours. You will be instructed to do something like write a memo, letter, or brief. You do not have to know any law going into the MPT as you will be given the law in a “library” as well as the facts of a case in a “file.” Many UBE students do not pay enough attention to the MPT portion of the exam!
Sample Uniform Bar Exam questions:
Below we give you a list of free sample Uniform Bar Exam questions (as well as where you can find additional questions if you want to pay for them!). If you are just getting your feet wet and have not yet signed up for a course, we recommend you start by just looking at the free questions!
All of the free sources come directly from the National Conference of Bar Examiners (the NCBE) which is the organization that writes the Uniform Bar Exam. Thus, these are the absolute best source of questions.
Sample MBE questions:
- Free source: The NCBE has 21 released sample MBE questions as well as 10 additional sample Civil Procedure questions (Civil Procedure was just added to the MBE in 2015).
- Paid source: We have real MBE questions for free and for purchase here!
Sample MEE questions:
- Free source: Exams from July 2008 until February 2013 can be found here. Each exam contains the MEE questions as well as answers promulgated by the NCBE.
- Paid source: Our MEE books are a fantastic source of past MEE questions! We sell them electronically or in a hard copy format. They are available for purchase by subject.
Sample MPT questions:
- Free source: MPTs from July 2008 until February 2013 can be found here. Each contains the question as well as the NCBE “point sheet”.
- Paid source: Our MPT books are among the best sources of MPT questions. Not only do we include the question and answer but we also include an example of a high-scoring student answer!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!