Five Simple Tips To Deal With Bar Exam Stress
It is well known that stress and the bar exam go hand-in-hand. It’s likely that this is one of the largest challenges you will face in your professional life. The pressure on you to succeed is enormous. So it is no surprise that many bar exam takers find themselves stressing out when studying for the bar exam. The bar exam is a marathon, not a sprint. So it is important to know how to deal with bar exam stress.
Five Simple Tips To Deal With Bar Exam Stress
Below are five simple tips to help you deal with bar exam stress. However, if your stress is having a detrimental effect on your mental health you should seek help from a licensed mental health professional.
1. Take care of yourself mentally and physically.
If you neglect your health when studying for the bar exam you will be only giving yourself more things to stress out about. Limit your stress and take care of yourself mentally and physically. It will be one less thing that you stress over.
Be sure to eat right, get enough sleep, and get in some exercise. Taking care of yourself will help you deal with the stress. If you ignore self-care it will only add to the stress you are already feeling. If you take care of yourself you will have the energy needed to tackle and manage your stress.
2. Visualize success on the bar exam.
A detrimental habit you may find yourself falling into trying to deal with bar exam stress is that you keep imagining how horrible it would be if you failed. You may find yourself thinking about all the things that could go wrong. This only adds to your stress as you try to prevent all those imaginary disasters by stressing more about the bar exam.
Limit bar exam stress and practice visualization. Instead of stressing about taking the bar exam you should visualize yourself succeeding. This visualization is more than just thinking about what it would be like to see your name on the pass list. Use visualization to imagine yourself taking the bar exam and calmly answering all the questions. Picturing yourself doing well on the bar exam can help put you in the right mindset and help manage your bar exam stress.
3. Manage your stress, don’t ignore it.
You may think that your stress will go away if you just put in more hours studying. But no matter how prepared you are the stress will not magically go away. You have to manage your bar exam stress.
You’ve been through law school so you have experienced and managed your stress in the past so don’t neglect to manage it now. Rely on ways to manage stress that have been successful for you in the past.
Stick with what works for you. You can spend a few minutes everyday journaling or meditating. Or you could release your stress in a more physical way by going on a bike ride or taking a boxing class. Whatever method works for you use it and manage your stress. Don’t let it bottle up.
4. Lean on your support network.
Do not be afraid to ask for help from your friends and family in managing your stress. Your support network can give you shoulders to cry on or someone to rant to. Or maybe your friend will bring you leftovers when you are stressing too much you forget to make dinner.
You have to take the bar exam all by yourself but you do not have to prepare for it alone. Lean on your support network and do not be afraid to ask for help. Those closest to you know what you are going through and they will be more understanding than you realize.
5. Seek professional help if you need it.
If you are struggling to deal with bar exam stress, do not be afraid to seek professional help from a licensed mental professional. The bar exam is exceptionally hard so be sure to take care of your mental health and seek help when you need it.
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, MPT, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!