Five Last-Minute Bar Exam Study Tips
With the February Bar Exam rapidly approaching, many applicants are reviewing, fine-tuning, and practicing now more than ever. With only a few days until the February Bar Exam, it’s only natural to kick studying and preparation into overdrive. Our last-minute bar exam strategies should help you feel more comfortable, confident, and concentrated heading into the test. So, without further ado, let’s take a look at some helpful last-minute bar exam strategies.
Five Last-Minute Bar Exam Study Tips
1. Don’t Get Caught Up in Predictions
For some reason, the hype surrounding bar exam predictions seems to heat up the closer exam day gets. Here’s the bottom line regarding bar exam predictions: never go “all in” on bar exam predictions. At the end of the day, nobody can 100% predict what essay subjects are going to show up. While predictions can be a great tool and help you guide your studies as you prepare for the bar exam, they should never be the only tool in your toolbox. Focus on the areas where you could use a little bit more practice in the days leading up to the bar exam.
2. Stop Trying to Memorize
The bar exam offers applicants an almost endless amount of material to memorize in the months leading up to the exam. However, at some point the process of trying to memorize material becomes futile. If you haven’t been able to memorize something after roughly two months of preparations, it’s likely not going to stick the day before the exam. Instead, use the last couple of days leading up to the bar exam to practice, not memorize, material.
3. Take Care of Yourself
The process of preparing for the bar exam can take a physical, emotional, and mental toll on many applicants. In the days and weeks leading up to the bar exam, make sure that you make your self-care a priority. The last thing you want to be when taking the bar exam is exhausted or burnt out. Focusing on self-care leading up to the bar exam is a great way to prevent this. What are some examples of self-care in the days leading up to the bar exam? Getting enough sleep, eating and drinking well, exercising, yoga, meditation, etc…the list goes on and on.
4. It’s OK to Answer Practice Questions Incorrectly
Are you’re sitting in front of your laptop freaking out because you just missed five MBE questions in a row? We’re here to tell you that’s completely fine and doesn’t indicate you’re going to fail the bar exam. The MBE portion of the bar exam is made up of one hundred seventy-five scored questions! You’re going to answer questions incorrectly on the bar exam, so it’s only normal to get them wrong during practice. The important thing is to understand why you answered a question incorrectly (and correctly!) and what to look out for going forward. In the days leading up to the bar exam, don’t let minor blips on the radar like this discourage you.
5. Have A Plan For Test Day
With the energy you’re investing into last-minute preparations for the bar exam, you may have overlooked some key points. No, we’re not talking about subject material or study strategies. Instead, we’re talking about the logistics of taking the bar exam. Do you know where you’re taking the exam? How about what time you’re waking up for the exam? What’s for breakfast and lunch? How are you getting to the exam? Do you have everything you need to take the exam? What are you going to wear (hint: some test sites restrict certain types of clothing)? Figuring out these administrative issues in the days leading up to the bar exam will save you lots of stress on test day.
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!