February 2020 New York Bar Exam pass rate is 40%
February 2020 New York bar exam results were posted on April 24. The overall pass rate was 40%.
First-time bar exam takers had an overall pass rate of 61% (with ABA graduates having a first-time taker pass rate of 72% and foreign-educated first-time takers having a pass rate of 47%).
The repeat taker pass rate was 28%. Since there were significantly more repeat takers than first-time takers, the overall February 2020 New York Bar Exam pass rate remained low, at 40%.
You can see the chart released by the New York State Board of Law Examiners below and full press release here.
You can see past February New York bar exam statistics, promulgated by the New York State Board of Law Examiners, here or below.
Due to the coronavirus, New York is now prioritizing who can take the July 2020 New York bar exam. We suspect that first-time takers from New York or ABA-accredited law schools will be prioritized. More information should be forthcoming.
Lastly, don’t miss out on our FREE webinar on what to do if you failed the bar exam. Find more information on this webinar and register for free here!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1099.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets, CA One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
- NEW! Mastery Classes for the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams (these are effective and engaging classes to review the highly tested areas of law!)