February 2019 DC Bar Exam May Be Delayed Due to Government Shutdown
The Washington DC Committee on Admissions posted this on January 11:
Based on all available information at this time, we are still planning to administer the February 2019 bar examination as scheduled. However, we are closely monitoring any new developments with the federal government shutdown; and the status of the scheduled exam could change. We strongly encourage that prospective examinees monitor this webpage for any changes in plans to administer the February 2019 bar exam. We understand and apologize for the inconveniences that this situation presents, but we will be updating our website with any new information as we continue to learn more about the status of our operations.
We suspect that if DC is unable to administer the bar exam as scheduled, applicants will have to wait until July — or perhaps make arrangements to take the bar exam elsewhere in February. Since this has not occurred in the past, it is unclear if other states would be willing to take on DC applicants.
DC also has not completed the swearing-in process for applicants who passed the July bar exam.
You can read more about this here.
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1249.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets, CA One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
- NEW! Mastery Classes for the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams (these are effective and engaging classes to review the highly tested areas of law!)