February 2018 Michigan Bar Exam Takers – Book Your Hotel Room Now! (And keep reading for a great hotel discount offer!)
Many bar exam takers make the mistake of booking a hotel room too late in the game. Then, in addition to bar exam stress, they suffer the added stress of having to stay in a hotel that they don’t prefer. So, book early! This is especially true if you want to stay in a hotel that is close or connected to the bar exam venue. There are pros and cons of staying at a hotel connected to the bar exam venue. Here, we list a few. Please review them if you are trying to choose the best place for you to stay. If you choose the Radisson hotel (which is connected to the bar exam venue for February takers), they have a great deal for Michigan bar exam takers, which we also discuss below.
The pros of staying at the hotel connected to the bar exam venue are:
- You do not have to worry about driving each day. This can be especially stressful in the winter!
- You don’t have to worry about parking each day. Not only does this take additional time, it also adds extra costs if you are paying for parking at your hotel and additionally the bar exam venue. If you are staying right at the venue, you only have to pay for parking once and do not even have to drive or park again until the bar exam is over.
- You don’t have to worry as much about rushing or being late or forgetting something! As long as you set an alarm, you can virtually eliminate the risk of being late. (Further, if you forget something you can just head back to your room.) If you are driving from afar, you may feel rushed or worry about being late or forgetting something.
- You can sleep a little more. Staying at the bar exam venue also means you may be able to sleep in a little longer as you are cutting out a commute and parking.
- The hotel is usually quiet. There are normally other bar exam takers staying in the vast majority of the rooms, so you don’t have to worry too much about having interrupted sleep.
- You can go to your room during lunch. If you want to avoid hearing bar exam takers talk about the bar exam questions, this can be a huge plus.
The cons of staying at the hotel connected to the bar exam venue are:
- It can be stressful for some to stay in an environment filled with bar exam takers. Sometimes students feel like they cannot “get away” from other bar takers. If they stay at a venue that is farther away, they can get more of a break.
- The rooms sometimes fill up fast so you may be stuck on a waiting list or with a regular room (when you may prefer a suite or a room with special accommodations). It might be easier to get a suite or a fancier room (if that is your preference) at a different hotel. Some students live up the bar exam day and get the best room that they can whereas others do not mind staying in whatever room they can comfortably sleep in (and they save some money in the process!).
If we have forgotten any pros or cons, please comment below.
If you are taking the February 2018 Michigan bar exam and want to stay at a hotel that is connected to the bar exam venue, stay at the Radisson Hotel! They are offering a great deal for Michigan bar exam takers.
Note: If you are taking the July bar exam, stay at the Kellogg Center if you want to stay at the venue connected to the bar exam as the July bar exam is held at the Breslin Center.
The Radisson Hotel Description & Discount Code:
The Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol is connected to the Lansing Center in Downtown Lansing, where the 2018 Michigan Bar Exam will be held on the last Tuesday (2/27/18) and Wednesday (2/28/18) of February.
The Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol is pleased to offer a discounted rate of $145.95 (not including taxes) for guests who are sitting for the 2018 Michigan Bar Exam on February 26-28, 2018. With this rate, you will also receive discounted valet parking of $15.00 per vehicle, per night (a $5.00 per vehicle, per night discount).
To book this rate please call 1-800-333-3333 and reference the “State Bar Exam” block. Or, go online at https://www.radisson.com/
The Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol is equipped with an on-site “We Proudly Serve” Starbucks kiosk on the first floor lobby to accommodate all of your caffeine and snack needs!
Tip: You will likely want to get to the hotel room on Monday (the 26th). Many students book the hotel for two nights (the 26th and the 27th) then leave after the MBE day on the 28th. If you do not want to have to worry about checking out the morning of the 28th or if you prefer to get drinks in Lansing after the MBE day, book for three nights instead of two!
We wish all Michigan Bar Exam attendees Good Luck on their exams!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
Check out our February 2024 bar exam sale to save on our one-sheets, bar exam outlines, and mastery classes!
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Bar Exam Outlines: Our comprehensive and condensed bar exam outlines present key information in an organized, easy-to-digest layout.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, MPT, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!