Failed the bar exam by five points (or less)? Act like you need 30.
If you failed the bar exam by five points or less, that is very frustrating — but also encouraging.
It is encouraging because:
- you probably have the fundamental legal principles down (and maybe need to brush up on the nuances)
- you probably have a decent essay and MBE approach
- you have at least one bar exam under your belt so you know what to expect
- you are not starting over — you will still have that foundation when you start studying for the next bar exam
However, please do not get overly confident even if you failed the bar exam by five points or less! Why not? Because you risk failing again. I just got off the phone with someone who has taken the bar exam nine times — and the last six times has been within five points of passing. I wish that was a rare example but it is not! We have talked to plenty of others who keep retaking the bar exam and not changing their approach significantly because they were “close”.
This is why we recommend you change your approach significantly. Get a tutor. Make sure to make memorization a priority. Get released MBE questions. Practice essays and MPTs if you ignored them last time. Do not just hope to skate by. Instead, pretend you need 30 points. Study like you need an additional 30 points. And then even if you “fall short” of 30 points, you will still likely pass the bar exam!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
Check out our February 2024 bar exam sale to save on our one-sheets, bar exam outlines, and mastery classes!
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Bar Exam Outlines: Our comprehensive and condensed bar exam outlines present key information in an organized, easy-to-digest layout.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, MPT, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!