Is Civil Procedure always tested on the MEE? Yes, it almost always is! You can see from our Multistate Essay Exam Frequency Chart that Civil Procedure shows up almost every exam!*
*Note that on the February 2013 bar exam, it was on the list of questions that MEE jurisdictions chose from, however it was not on the Uniform Bar Exam. (As of now, the National Conference of Bar Examiners’ does not offer a choice to MEE jurisdictions—it only offers 6 questions!)
*Note that Civil Procedure did not show up on the February 2016 UBE/MEE
What is tested when Civil Procedure is tested?
The most popular topics in Civil Procedure MEE questions are:
- Subject matter jurisdiction (federal question, diversity, supplemental, and removal!) You should know subject matter jurisdiction inside and out!
- Personal jurisdiction (they tend to test the basics and you should know key words like “minimum contacts” as well as the differences between general and specific jurisdiction)
- Venue (this has been showing up recently)
- Summary judgment (be aware of the burden-shifting)
- Other occasionally tested topics include: preliminary injunctions and temporary restraining orders, work product.
(For an overview of each of these highly-tested topics, purchase our MEE one-sheets, where we tell them all in one sheet, each.)
If you struggle with Civil Procedure, then please contact us right away. (Just write “Civil Procedure help!” in the subject line!). We provide a fantastic Civil Procedure outline and a two-hour one-on-one Civil Procedure tutoring session. If you sign up for the tutoring session and outline, we also offer grading for five Multistate Essay Exam Civil Procedure essay questions that we assign for a reasonable price.
We hope this post helped guide you in your MEE study!
Seeking MEE Expertise?
🌟 Freebies & Discounts
- Free Bar Exam Resource Center: Explore for leading guides, articles, and webinars.
- Expert-Crafted Bar Exam Guides: Unveil insights on high-frequency MEE topics and strategies for success.
- Free Webinars: Engage with top bar exam experts.
🔥 Top-Rated MEE Resources
- MEE One-Sheets: Boost your confidence with our most popular bar exam product!
- NEW MEE Mastery Class: Unearth focused, engaging reviews of essential MEE topics.
- Bar Exam Crash Course and Mini Outlines: Opt for a swift, comprehensive refresher.
- MEE Private Tutoring and feedback: Elevate your approach with tailored success strategies.
- MEE Course: Preview our acclaimed five-star program for unmatched instruction, outlines, and questions.