There are 10 days left until the bar exam. Many students wonder what they can do to improve their score, if anything, in these last ten days. We have worked with hundreds of students each administration and we have found it is very possible to boost your bar exam score in 10 days. Here are a few tips for doing so.
Boost your bar exam score in 10 days!
Use released MBE questions.
Students who have been relying on commercial course questions are often shocked when they take the “real MBE”. Switching to released questions can make a big difference. Note: It is especially important that you get exposed to released civil procedure questions as these are often very different from questions commercial courses provide. There are only 40 released civil procedure questions available. 10 are available for free here and we have answer explanations available for free download. 30 are available for purchase. You can find these resources here.
Study for the MPT (and taking it seriously!).
Students who are good writers often ignore the MPT and then run out of time and score low! We see this happen ALL THE TIME. The MPT is worth the same as 70 MBE questions in Uniform Bar Exam states and it is so important to prepare effectively for this portion. We think it truly can be the key to passing the UBE. Check out MPT tips for beginners here.
Study smart for the essay portion of the exam.
Learning the highly tested areas of law on the essay portion and bullet pointing essays to get exposed to substance goes a long way. It is MUCH harder to significantly boost one’s MBE score the last two weeks before the exam than it is to boost one’s essay score. We recommend that students who are “stuck” at an MBE score take a break to focus on the essays. We have a free overview of the highly tested areas of law on the multistate essay exam here.
Get in a positive mindset before the exam.
There is a very large mental component to the bar exam. And this can easily be a determining factor in whether a student passes or fails. We highly recommend you try visualization, bar exam affirmations, and meditation if you are looking to boost your score through a positive mindset.
Looking to Pass the Uniform Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1249.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!