Bar Exam Memorization: Do I Have Enough Law Memorized?
Bar exam memorization is one of the topics students ask us about most! You may be wondering if you have enough law memorized for the MBE. While you want to memorize as much as you can (especially of the highly tested issues!), it is unrealistic to think that you will have every single nuance tested — especially with the amount of material you may have on hand.
Here, we have a free bar exam memorization quiz so you can find out if you are on track!
We write a lot about memorization because it is one of the most important things you can do to pass the bar exam! If you are looking to improve your score (on the essay or MBE portion of the exam) it is one of the most important things you can do!
The Biggest Mix-Up with Memorization:
A lot of students confuse having a general understanding of the law with having it memorized. For example, you might be able to explain joint tenancy in general. But can you state the four ways to sever a joint tenancy? You may understand the equal protection clause, but can you state each level of scrutiny and who has the burden of proof?
The bar exam does not test generalities. It tests nuances! So if you are working on your bar exam memorization, one of the most important things you can do is make sure you have the most important nuances of the law memorized!
You might wonder if you have enough law memorized. We have compiled a quiz that tests straight memorization. It does not test application of the law. It does not test understanding. It simply tests whether you have the law memorized.
In our MBE quiz PDF, which you can download below, there are four questions on each topic. After each question set, there are the answers. You can answer all 28 questions in a row. Or you can answer them subject by subject. Whatever you prefer! With the limited amount of questions, this quiz does not cover every portion of the law. The questions were picked at random. It is merely to give you a general gauge of how you are performing overall!
You should aim for a minimum score of above 60%. Ideally, you should be getting about 75% or more of these questions correct.
Download a PDF of the MBE quiz here!
Looking for MBE Help?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star MBE course that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Free popular bar exam guides (an MBE guide, a guide on how to pass the bar exam, and a guide to hiring a bar exam tutor) written by bar exam experts!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand Bar Exam Course
- Our NEW MBE Mastery Class, which covers 35 recently released MBE questions in an engaging and helpful way to help you boost your MBE score!
- MBE private tutoring for those seeking one-on-one help to pass the MBE.
- Real MBE questions —the best practice questions available!
- An MBE guide, which has a guaranteed 7-point score increase.
You can read more about our MBE services here.