Are you a “good writer”? Make the MPT a priority!
It is so important to make the MPT a priority — especially if you are in a Uniform Bar Exam state! We counsel students every administration who are excellent writers — but who fail the bar exam because they do not study for the MPT.
Many students put off studying for the MPT (that is, the multistate performance test).
The most common reasons students put off studying for the MPT are:
- they are too worried about the MBE
- they don’t really know how to approach the MPT
- they feel as though they are “good writers” anyway and will magically perform well on the MPT without practice
- there is simply too much to do so it falls through the cracks!
If you have been putting off the MPT — and especially if writing comes naturally to you — it is time to start making the MPT a priority!
Do not lose out on points that should come easily to you.
If you are a good writer, this means you can put in less effort and considerably raise your MPT score.
It may be hard to considerably raise your MBE score with a small amount of effort. But it is much easier to considerably raise your MPT score with a small amount of effort.
Make sure you understand the different types of tasks and practice, practice, practice! Make sure you time yourself when you practice. The #1 reason for scoring low on the MPT is running out of time. We see it every single administration!
We recommend you make it a point to practice answer MPT questions every single week. If you feel lost, check out our MPT resources. We have almost 200 blog posts written about the MPT here, including MPT cheat sheets and strategies for each type of MPT!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1099.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets, CA One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
- NEW! Mastery Classes for the MBE, MEE, and CA bar exams (these are effective and engaging classes to review the highly tested areas of law!)