Advantages of Being a Repeat Bar Exam Taker
It is common to point out the disadvantages of being a repeat bar exam taker—e.g., the lower pass rate statistics for repeat takers or the challenges that one may face in terms of getting motivated to study again. However, there are also advantages of being a repeat bar exam taker. These advantages can help you to succeed on the next bar exam and beyond.
You are not starting from scratch!
You will not forget what you already know. Some repeat takers wonder how they will pass on a repeat bar exam attempt when they don’t have the same level of time to commit as they did on their first attempt. Keep in mind that you are not starting from scratch. You will remember much of the law and study strategies that you have learned (and if you happened to forget something, it will be much easier to learn this time around!).
You have great information at your fingertips.
That is, you know how you scored on at least one bar exam! Use this information to your advantage! Figure out what you are doing well and what you need to improve on and craft a study schedule tailored to you. Dissect your score report. And, request your essays if possible.
You will feel more comfortable walking into the bar exam next time.
You have already done it before. You know what to expect. You also know what you may want to change to make the next bar exam more likely to be successful. For example, maybe you want to change what you wear, what you eat, or your exam day routine.
You will be more efficient.
You have the ability to analyze what went well and what didn’t and tweak your study schedule to make it super-efficient. You will probably study better even if you have less time!
You will develop qualities of resilience, perseverance, and courage.
These qualities will not only help you conquer the bar exam, but you will have these qualities to guide you your whole life!
Looking to Pass the Uniform Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1099.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!