Here is a testimonial from a student who took the July 2014 Michigan bar exam using a Kaplan course last year. He failed the bar exam, then hired us to help him pass the following February 2015 bar exam. He was a very intelligent student – one of the brightest that we have met! – but found that the Kaplan course did not help him pass the exam. (Note: This is not to say anything bad about commercial bar review courses – they are simply not for everyone!)
This is his story about how he found that enrolling in private tutoring was what ultimately helped him pass the February 2015 Michigan bar exam.
Testimonial from a Student who Passed
the February 2015 Michigan Bar Exam after
he Failed the Bar Exam in July 2014
I took the bar exam for the first time in July of 2014, and used a Kaplan “in-class” course to prepare. I unfortunately did not pass. I contacted Ashley soon after receiving my results, and while I was of course initially disappointed with myself for failing, she immediately instilled confidence in me with her enthusiasm and knowledge.
During the Kaplan course, I assumed I knew the material because I filled out the outlines and did the practice questions each day. However, during practice exams and during the real thing, it became abundantly clear I only had a cursory understanding of the topics, and had no real plan of action for the multiple choice section. The emphasis seemed to be quantity rather than quality, and I felt that I did not have enough time to review and actually learn the topics.
Ashley provided me with the structure and attention to detail that I needed to succeed. Her outlines are clear, well-organized, and specifically highlight frequently tested topics within the subjects. Unlike the Kaplan course, Ashley ensured I fully understood each topic before moving on, through multiple essays and in person review. We did not move on from topics until I had memorized them. She was available through e-mail and phone whenever a question arose, and her support and honesty never waned. Moreover, Ashley reviewed and graded practice essays throughout the week, providing in-depth analysis for my strengths and weaknesses.
I am positive I would not have passed without Ashley’s help. I was close the first time, but her guidance and attention gave me the push I needed. Her methods for both the MBE and essay portions made the bar exam far less daunting. I cannot recommend Ashley highly enough. – February 2015 Michigan Bar Exam taker, 19 point increase.
If you want to read other testimonials by our bar students, please feel free to check out several more testimonials here.
Looking to Pass the Uniform Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1099.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!