A New Member of the Michigan Board of Law Examiners has been Appointed!
The Michigan Board of Law Examiners recently made this announcement:
Gov. Rick Snyder makes appointment to the Board of Law Examiners
Thursday, Aug. 9, 2018
LANSING, Mich. – Gov. Rick Snyder today announced the appointment of Wayne Circuit Court Judge Brian Sullivan to the Board of Law Examiners.
The Board of Law Examiners is responsible for the investigation and examination of anyone applying for admission to the State Bar of Michigan. Board members are nominated by the Michigan Supreme Court and appointed by the Governor for terms of five years.
“Brian has been working in the Michigan criminal justice system for many years, and I am confident he will use that experience to positively impact this board,” Snyder said.
Judge Sullivan has worked in the 3rd Circuit Court in Wayne County since 1999. Sullivan holds a bachelor’s degree from Monteith College of Wayne State University, a master’s degree from Holy Apostles College and Seminary and a law degree from the Detroit College of Law. He replaces Judge Joseph Farah.
Sullivan will serve a five-year term expiring June 30, 2023.
What does this mean for Michigan bar exam takers?
A long-serving Board member recently left the Michigan Board of Law Examiners and Brian Sullivan is taking his place. (You can see a list of the five Board members here.) Essentially what this means is that a new person will be writing bar exam questions and grading appeals. It is too soon to say what effect this may have on the Michigan bar exam, but we will keep this blog updated with information.
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
- 🌟Bar Exam Free Resource Center: Access our most popular free guides, webinars, and resources to set you on the path to success.
- Free Bar Exam Guides: Expert advice on the MBE, the MEE, passing strategies, and overcoming failure.
- Free Webinars: Get insight from top bar exam experts to ace your preparation.
Check out our February 2024 bar exam sale to save on our one-sheets, bar exam outlines, and mastery classes!
- 🏆One-Sheets: Our most popular product! Master the Bar Exam with these five-star rated essentials.
- Bar Exam Outlines: Our comprehensive and condensed bar exam outlines present key information in an organized, easy-to-digest layout.
- Exclusive Mastery Classes: Dive deep into highly tested areas of the MBE, MEE, MPT, and CA bar exams in these live, one-time events.
- Specialized Private Tutoring: With years of experience under our belt, our experts provide personalized guidance to ensure you excel.
- Bar Exam Courses: On Demand and Premium options tailored to your needs.
- Bar Exam Crash Course + Mini Outlines: A great review of the topics you need to know!