A New Member of the Michigan Board of Law Examiners has been Appointed!
The Michigan Board of Law Examiners recently made this announcement:
Gov. Rick Snyder makes appointment to the Board of Law Examiners
Thursday, Aug. 9, 2018
LANSING, Mich. – Gov. Rick Snyder today announced the appointment of Wayne Circuit Court Judge Brian Sullivan to the Board of Law Examiners.
The Board of Law Examiners is responsible for the investigation and examination of anyone applying for admission to the State Bar of Michigan. Board members are nominated by the Michigan Supreme Court and appointed by the Governor for terms of five years.
“Brian has been working in the Michigan criminal justice system for many years, and I am confident he will use that experience to positively impact this board,” Snyder said.
Judge Sullivan has worked in the 3rd Circuit Court in Wayne County since 1999. Sullivan holds a bachelor’s degree from Monteith College of Wayne State University, a master’s degree from Holy Apostles College and Seminary and a law degree from the Detroit College of Law. He replaces Judge Joseph Farah.
Sullivan will serve a five-year term expiring June 30, 2023.
What does this mean for Michigan bar exam takers?
A long-serving Board member recently left the Michigan Board of Law Examiners and Brian Sullivan is taking his place. (You can see a list of the five Board members here.) Essentially what this means is that a new person will be writing bar exam questions and grading appeals. It is too soon to say what effect this may have on the Michigan bar exam, but we will keep this blog updated with information.
Looking to Pass the Uniform Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star UBE course (for as low as $1249.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Our new Free Bar Exam Resource Center, which includes our most popular free guides, posts, webinars, and more!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on the MBE, MEE, how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free Early Bar Prep Course for law students
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- MBE One-Sheets and MEE One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!